Welcome to the TMTT Work Activities Department
The goal of the Torres Martinez Tribal TANF, Work Activities Department is to develop trainings and workshops that can be used as work activities, to meet the 30 hour requirement. If you feel that you may benefit from any of these classes you are welcomed to attend.
Classes and Workshops offered by the Work Activities Department:
• Job Skills Training
– The focus of the Job Skills Training is to prepare participants to enter the job market successfully by identifying the participants’ employment barriers and presenting solutions to overcome them. The goal is educate the participants on filling out employment applications, interviewing techniques and resume creation.
• Budgeting Classes
– The goal of the Budgeting Class is to provide training on financial matters such as identifying expenses and creating a budget plan to ultimately improve participants’ money management skills.
• Financial Classes
– The goal of the Financial Class is to provide tools to make knowledgeable financial decisions. Individual Classes Include:
Checking & Savings
Budgeting & Your Credit
Credit Card Basics
• Computer Classes
– These classes provide training in basic computer operation ranging from beginner, intermediate to advance.
• Resource Binder
– A Resource Binder is available to all participants and is located at the reception desk. It contains weekly updated information such as temporary employment agencies, community resources and job listings.